[AccessD] "Test to Production" Procedures for Access 2007 application in a small environment

Brad Marks brad.marks1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 09:18:52 CDT 2010

All,

I am in the process of establishing procedures for promoting changes from
our Development (TEST) environment to our Production environment.

The Access 2007 application uses data from a SQL Server database.  There are
no local tables.  The application is made available to the end-users as an
.ACCDR file.

I have one folder on the server for TEST and a second folder for PROD.

Here the steps that I am currently using.

Changes to the Access 2007 application are made and tested in the TEST
folder (ACCDB file).

Decompile ACCDB

Compile ACCDB VBA code  / Save it

Compact and Repair ACCDB / Save it

Run a Utility to Copy the ACCDB file in the TEST folder to the ACCDR file in
the PROD folder.

I am curious if these steps are similar to the steps that others use and I
am curious if I am overlooking anything.

Thanks,

Brad