[AccessD] "Test to Production"Procedures forAccess2007application in a small environment

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 11 00:00:18 CDT 2010

Hi Dan:

I would imagine you would put the sleep function right after initiating the
decompile option. The decompile option is most likely designed as a stand
alone feature and therefore was not built to work within an application.

There are no methods or properties you can use to check its progress, in the
conventional way where a 'do event' loop would work so 'Sleep' call is a way
to slow/stop your application from fighting with the decompile option for
resources.

In a few applications I have running, the client used PDFCreator and there
was sample coding for handling that external feature and the 'Sleep'
function did the task of waiting until PDFCreator had performed its task and
was removed from memory. I think it could work with the external decompile
option as well...

HTH
Jim