[AccessD] Decompile

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 12:15:01 CDT 2010

I worked for a company that sold a large Access-based app, and Decompile was
absolutely required to make it ready for distribution.

But Decompile doesn't fix all issues. That was why I devoted so much time
building a 'MDB Rebuild' app for them that recreated forms and reports
control-by-control, property-by-property, and rebuilt code from scratch. It
was the only way to get rid of bloating and performance issues in certain
forms.

This whole conversation reminds me of what a fragile, unstable platform
Access is, and how miserable it is to use it for front-line development of
really big projects.

That is why I am so interested in alternatives like LightSwitch, or
WASP/WAMP with PHP 5.3 and SQL Server.

-Ken