[AccessD] Option Group's Control Collection - Weird Behavior

A.D. Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Fri Aug 27 00:13:47 CDT 2010

J.C.,

    Thanks for the confirmation. As rightly stated by you, the flaw under discussion might well have gone un-noticed as the situation is not likely to be encountered under normal day to day use. Option groups once designed, should not need any positional manipulation at run time.

    I happened to run into this bug while trying to develop a sample db (still in progress) for re-sizing of forms to suit the screen resolution in force. Even insertion of time delay between consecutive loop steps was not found effective in overcoming the erratic behavior (skipping cum repetition of items in controls collection pertaining to option group).

    Interestingly, the work-around using temporary collection (built on the fly), as proposed in my previous post, is found to work nicely, even for option group located on a tab control.

    As suggested by you, I shall be reporting this bug to Microsoft.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal