[AccessD] Observations on AC 2007 (not good)...more..and more...

Jurgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 15:17:20 CST 2010

In what ways does the listbox control fall short?  I fill most listboxes with callback functions and use an array quicksort algorithm to sort, toggling ascending and descending.  I use an image control with arrow over a label control for each column that you click at the top of a regular listbox.  At the bottom of multi-select list boxes I add select 'All', 'Invert' and 'None' labels.  The individual controls are laid out so it looks like a single control.  On mouse down, the label shows depressed and returns on mouse up.  I've also added drag and drop adding items to the list and built a drag within list sorting capability.  For my file lists, you can even drag files and the drag/drop operations are reflected in the file system.  For multi format capabilities, the array of data includes format attribute columns and I build the list as an array of label or text controls embedded in a sub form that I can place on any form.  You can multi-instance these on any form and they all have their own properties and data encapsulated within their own form class.  I've never used anything but the built in controls as that's all there is in my environment.

Ciao Jürgen Welz Edmonton, Alberta jwelz at hotmail.com