[AccessD] AC2007 security "workaround"

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Dec 6 14:54:51 CST 2010

Not just 2007.  It works with 2000 onwards.

The big advantage of using AD groups rather than an Access table of users is security.  It's
much easier to gain access to an Access table than to AD.  Of course, there are ways to
make it harder, such as encrypting the usernames in the table - I sometimes use that
approach.

--
Stuart