[AccessD] #Func! in Access 2010

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 08:58:31 CST 2010

Yes, that was exactly it Gary. I had two fields, Name and I don't remember
the second, but in the Name field, I somehow managed to enter "Name" as the
first entry -- and the second field, the one with the expression, returned
that error. The expression does return #Error if the name entry doesn't
contain a space, but in that first record, it return #FUNC!, which I don't
recall ever seeing before.

This only happens in 2010 and interestingly, the query displays #FUNC! in
both fields, the Name field and the expression field. In addition, it
happens with any one-word entry, not just "Name."

So,  interesting, and does seem to be related to the no-space error, but why
it behaves so different in 2010 is a puzzle to me. Changing the Name field
name didn't resolve it. So, now you know as much as me -- I stopped
exploring. I don't mind a new error value -- learn new stuff every day. The
true puzzle is why it won't display the actual name entry in the Name field
when there's no space -- it too displays the #FUNC! error value instead of
the actual entry -- which is really curious.

Susan H.