[AccessD] WAY OT: Reporting Services - Publically available

Darren - Active Billing darren at activebilling.com.au
Thu Dec 9 22:21:30 CST 2010

Hi Team

Apologies for the OT Post - It's a brains trust question. Feel free to
respond to my personal address.

We use reporting services over SQL 2005 dBs here at the office.

People VPN in and they can then essentially spark up the reporting services
webpage using http://localdbname/reports

All good as the VPN logons are the active directory logons so they use the
same credentials

So they are presented with a reporting services logon and it's the same as
their VPN logon - So off they go

Simple

We now need to make Reporting Services available publically.

So the http://someserver/reports need to be available from any machine in
the world.

Then when it's entered we need the standard logon reporting services screens
need to be presented

I have no clue on this stuff - it's way over my head and I suppose I need a
network gurus assistance

Can anyone advise what's required to make the reporting services pages we
have here available publically rather than through a VPN?
I appreciate my descriptions on environment etc. are vague

Thanks heaps in advance

Darren