[AccessD] WAY OT: Reporting Services - Publically available

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Dec 10 03:41:28 CST 2010

In general:

1. Make sure that your in house web server is NOT configured to only accept connection
from local IP addresses.

2.  Set up Port forwarding on your internet facing router to forward port 80 to your in house
web server.

3. Set up an A record on your S.O.A  DNS server pointing  something like
reports.activebilling.com.au to the public IP address of your internet facing router.

Your  current A and MX records point to 122.201.83.166 which is your public web host and
your mustang.turboservers.com.au mail server.   If these are both hosted internally, that is
the address you need to point reports.activebilling.com.au to.  If your mail and web site are
both hosted externally, you will have to find the external address of your internet router ( note
tha if your ISP provides a dynamic IP address for you, you may need to pay them a bit extra
to provide a static address which you can point to.)

--
Stuart