[AccessD] Preparing Database for Web

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Sun Dec 12 18:23:06 CST 2010

We have a site that has been running for years with an Access back end. The
web forms are ASP based. I created another ordering site for a customer
using SQL Server as the back end. This site has higher traffic and the web
forms are based on ASP.NET. It seems that the real question is where will
the site be hosted and what will you use for the web interface. If your
going the ASP.NET route then SQL server will probably be available. If your
going PHP then MySql would probably be the way to go.