[AccessD] Preparing Database for Web

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at iag.com.au
Tue Dec 14 21:10:53 CST 2010

Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom of this message.

The company IT folks seem to love Sharepoint, and it is a great solution for document sharing and some basic database stuff (like multiple users managing lists and process flows and event notification etc), but it is not suitable for a true database app in my experience.

Not sure about A2010 which seems to be better integrated for sharepoint, but I suspect you would have all the same issues of corruption and record locking with multiple users if you merely host the single mdb database on sharepoint with multiple users accessing it.

How is sharepoint going to fix that?  I don't think it can.

cheers
Darryl.