[AccessD] List Boxes

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Wed Dec 15 10:40:40 CST 2010

Hey All
I have a series of 9 list boxes on a form. Sort of a drill down, the
user selects an item in a list box and it then displays (waterfalls) the
results in the following list boxes. For 60,000 records it takes about
2  to 3 seconds to refresh/requery all the list boxes.  One thing I
don't quite understand is why when I manually open a query used for a
list box it is quite fast, but when the list box gets requeried on the
form there is noticable time lag. I can live with the 2 to 3 second
delay time but what I am finding is as the program  requeries the other
list boxes I can click on the originating list box  and I get the error
message "The macro or function set to the BeforeUpate or
ValidationRule......" .  The only event on the list box is an On Click.
I have tried several approaches to try and prevent the user clicking
before all requeries are completed. Is there a way to disable the cursor
while  the code is running??