[AccessD] SQL Server Express version

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sun Dec 26 14:17:33 CST 2010

MS SQL 2008  seems to have the worst setup since MS SQL 7.
At least that was my experience.
And there is also MS SQL 2008 R2, which has incompatible to MS SQL 2008
back-up format - that's a PITA.

I'd remove MS SQL 2005 completely.
Then I'd get installed MS SQL 2008 (if MS SQL 2008 R2 is commonly used there
then I'd install it).

Then if needed you can install MS SQL 2005 (Express) instance in its own
folder - that will work OK in parallel to MS SQL 2008 (R2) instance(s).
And you can control MS SQL 2005 instance from within MS SQL 2008 (R2)
Management Studio (Express)

I didn't try to install MS SQL 2008 instance on a PC with MS SQL 2008 R2
installed. Anybody?

Thank you.

--
Shamil