[AccessD] TransferSpreasheet Problem

Rusty Hammond rusty.hammond at cpiqpc.com
Wed Feb 3 13:27:06 CST 2010

Rocky,

I've never tried to use a SQL string as the query but I'm guessing you
can't.  To get around the issue, you can change the SQL of a query then
use the query in the DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet, ie:

    Dim db As Database
    Dim qdf As QueryDef
    Dim strSQL as String

    Set db = CurrentDb()
    strSQL = "Select * FROM tblAuditTrail"
    Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("qryYourQueryHere")
    qdf.SQL = strSQL
    qdf.Close
    Set qdf = Nothing

    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9,
"qryYourQueryHere", strFrontEndPath & "ExportedAuditTrail", True

HTH,

Rusty