[AccessD] Add-In Express 2009 for MS Office and .NET

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Wed Feb 10 06:05:47 CST 2010

Gustav,

Thank you for your opinion.
OK, I will talk to Add-In Express owners within a week.

BTW, I have just tested setup of my sample MS Access add-in made using
Add-In Express:

- WinXP SP2 (with .NET Framework 3.5) and MS Office/Access 2007 - it worked
OK;
- Windows 2003 (with .NET Framework 3.0) and MS Office/Access 2003 - it
worked OK;

Both are "clean" PCs without any Add-In Express setups run before.

On MS Access 2003 my sample add-in uses CommandBars to activate its
functionality.
On MS Access 2007 my sample add-in uses Ribbon to activate its
functionality.

Linking add-in's functions to CommandBars or Ribbon is currently done in
design mode in VS2008 - just a few clicks, and code lines.

Setup is the same in both cases.

I'd try to make publicly available setup of Add-In with some more useful
functionality - "Eat Bloat" prototype(?) - next week.

Would you be interested to test its setup and functionality?
Anybody else?

Next step would be to implement and to test "Click-Once" setup.

Next step would be to design and to implement pluggable architecture...

Thank you.

--
Shamil