[AccessD] EMail recommendations

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Feb 15 10:45:03 CST 2010

Tony,

  I've used this code:

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=109

  which sends e-mail directly via SMTP server. Although it is marked for
VB6, it works fine in VBA unmodified.

  As for the SMTP server IP, you can often discover the IP by doing a poll
of the MX records for the DNS entry.  There is some code in there for that
as well.

  From my viewpoint, that's about as simple as it gets; no client
dependencies, one .DLL to drop in the app directory, and just discovering
the SMTP server IP.

Jim.