[AccessD] AccessD Digest, Vol 84, Issue 20

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 10:57:10 CST 2010

> Max Wanadoo:
> Ken,
> That sound fantastic,....but! ...
> If the "simple" solution works why do the difficult one?  The result is the
> same.

Max:

Most emphatically NOT the same. The "simple" EatBloat solution didn't fix
our problems.

I've said this in several different ways, but I'll say it again:

SaveAsText/LoadFromText does NOT:
 a) Fix all kinds of bloat
 b) Reset the form lifetime control count limit

Our project had bloat that couldn't be fixed, and many complex forms that
were at the control count limit.

So, the more radical rebuild-from-scratch approach was used.

Trust me, we tried all less-costly methods of fixing our problem before
going this route.

-Ken