[AccessD] AccessD Digest, Vol 84, Issue 23

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 15:06:15 CST 2010

> Max Wanadoo:
> >Ken:
> >SaveAsText/LoadFromText does NOT:
> > a) Fix all kinds of bloat
> > b) Reset the form lifetime control count limit
>
> a) What kinds of bloat does it NOT fix?  Can you provide any examples -
> thanks.

I have first-hand experience with one unfixable front end. Unfortunately, it
is a proprietary application, and I am not working for the company anymore,
so I can't provide a test file.

The problems centered around big forms (500 or 600 controls) with long, long
development histories, in a front end with 200+ forms, and 500+ reports.
Beyond that, I couldn't identify a specific cause.

However, in following this list, I recall at least two other people who
tried EatBloat, and reported that it failed. So I am reasonably confident I
am not alone in experiencing this.

-Ken