[AccessD] Error 51 in 2010

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:21:47 CST 2010

> Rocky Smolin:
> I have an error report from an mde compiled in A2K3 but the client appears
> to be running it with Access 2010.  The error is 'Error 561 - Internal
> Error'.  Can't find out anything about this error.  The version of the mde
> they're running is a few minor releases back and is solid.  So I'm thinking
> this is a 2010 related problem.  Any clues?

Check your VBA project references. This sounds exactly like the error I got
when added a cdosys.dll reference to send email over SMTP.

If you have a reference checker built-in to your code, run it and it may
show the broken reference. Otherwise, plunk a development mdb on the
machine, and see if any references are missing/broken.

-Ken