[AccessD] AccessD Digest, Vol 84, Issue 23

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:44:29 CST 2010

> Max (MGA):
> I have a similar problem but it is because  of a corrupt  form.  Therefore
> RemoteEATbloat bombs out.  If I remove the offending form, it will compact
> ok.
> So, my question is, with your problem mdb is the problem the form or
> EatBloat? Trying to pin down what else I can do to improve it.

Now I see what you're driving at.

The form is not corrupt in the sense that it doesn't work, or can't be
loaded. It functions fine. It is huge.

And, EatBloat (SaveAsText/LoadFromText) works fine on the problem form -- no
errors, and the form is OK. It just doesn't fix the bloat problem. Edit the
problem form 2 or 3 times after EatBloat, and the database quadruples in
size. This is even for trivial changes, like moving a control, or modifying
a single line in code.

The only conclusion I can reach is that, on A2K, there are certain bloat
problems that SaveAsText/LoadFromText can't fix.

-Ken