[AccessD] ...for AD and anyone with an idea

A.D. Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Thu Feb 18 04:08:11 CST 2010

William,

    Thanks for detecting the issue. Slow speed is found attributable to the custom function having to run more than once. Also, DCount() was used so as to retain editability.

    As seen from Drew's post, he has incorporated certain modifications, using collections. As an alternative, I have modified the sample by using an auxiliary table T_FixAdd (having just two fields, i.e. ID and FixAddress) which holds the results of custom function, ensuring that this function has to run only once. First option button displays the raw data (editable), while the second option button displays groups of similar addresses, duly highlighted in color (non-editable). Zipped copy has been sent to you directly

    During tests at my end (Access 2003 desktop on Win XP), the modified db took 5 sec for 50,000 records. You might like to test this as well as Drew's file. Based upon your feedback, I could update the sample at Roger's site, either as per my revision or as per the one suggested by Drew.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal