[AccessD] RemoteEatBloat

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Fri Feb 19 07:20:52 CST 2010

Hi Max,

<1. EatBloat
<a. Allows individual selection of objects to export and import.
<b. Sits inside another mdb as a self-contained form
<c. Did not handle <Relationships, References or linked tables.
<d. All of the above may have changed in Dan's re-write to EatBloat2.>

For my rewriting of your form, a and b are still true.  It also will export
all objects of one type, or all objects.

For c, it does not handle relationships (I think code to determine, store,
and replace relationships may be interesting).  It does allow linked tables,
but only as an option that is turned off by default.

My primary purpose in rewriting this was to change the export structure so
that all of the objects that were exported at one time were exported to the
same folder, rather than a different folder for each type of object.  This
took a lot of file/folder manipulation, but it's worth it.  Now when I'm
importing I can just 'select all' in the navigation window, push the Proceed
button, and it all gets imported at once.  Tables are imported first, then
queries, then the remaining objects.

In addition, you said once that you like to use this as a backup mechanism.
To do this the export folder is now date and time stamped.  You can reset
the date and time stamp to current time by pushing one button, or you can
turn on auto update of date and time so that each export is automatically
sent to a different export folder.

I also wanted to use the list boxes for a visual selection of objects to
export.

Please take a look and let me know what your thoughts are!

www.promationsystems.com/databaseadvisors.htm

Thanks!
Dan