[AccessD] A97 on Win 7

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Tue Feb 23 21:19:30 CST 2010

Don't worry about the install.  For running Access 97, right click on
it, and select 'Run as Administrator'.  Doing that once will let you
keep running it when you need it, but if you open another version of
Access, you'll need to run it as administrator again.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Bob Heygood
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:21 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: [AccessD] A97 on Win 7

Hello to the list,

In prepping my new personal laptop, I have an issue that will not allow
me
to complete the install of A97.
All is well until the end and then I get a message that it can't install
ctl3D32.dll in the windows folder. The result when I start A97  I get a
message: Access was unable to initialize the Windows Registry.....

Ordinarily I would have used a virtual machine w/win XP. But I have a
particular client that needs A97 & Out2003 together for automation, and
need
it now.

TIA

Bob