[AccessD] Where are my freakin' keyboard shortcuts??!!

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Feb 24 09:42:16 CST 2010

Dear List:

Under duress (they're paying for it) I am modifying a legacy 2007 app.  My
first foray into the wonderful world of 2007 form and report design.
Where's Waldo were amateurs compared to this treasure hunt for old familiar
features and functions.  But I digress...

I'm big on keyboard shortcuts - it makes my design work so much more
efficient not to have to grab the mouse and maneuver to two or three places.

One of my favorites in 2003 is Atl-F-C - closes the current form or report
or query - whatever's on top.  In 2007 when I do that it closes the app.
:(((  So I have to mouse over to the x in the upper right hand corner of the
form or report.

Another one in 2003 was Alt-W-(pick a number) to switch between windows with
different objects open.  Gone.  I don't even know how to switch between open
forms I may have open in design view without minimizing each until the one I
want is on top.

I'm sure there are ways to do all this stuff.

Is there a site with the 2007 keyboard shortcuts?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

858-259-4334