[AccessD] List box populated with data and *nothing* selected

A.D. Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Mon Jan 4 03:13:16 CST 2010

Darryl,

    As already suggested in this thread, setting the list box value to Null or its ListIndex to an unlikely value (say -1) should normally serve the purpose.

    However, it is occasionally observed that shadow of previous selection tends to persist (specially in multi-select scenario) after the list box has been re-populated as per revised criteria. Even non-existent rows might appear in selected state (i.e. the area where proper selection was in force earlier).

    In order to forestall such behavior and as an abundant precaution, de-selection by iteration through list rows could be adopted as per sample routine P_ClearListBox(), as given below. Pointer to list box object is passed as an argument.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal

' Sample routine for absolute clearing of list box
Private Sub P_ClearListBox(lbo As ListBox)
    Dim Cnt As Long

    For Cnt = 0 To lbo.ListCount - 1
        lbo.Selected(Cnt) = False
    Next