[AccessD] Access 2007 database file won't open

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Thu Jan 14 13:32:29 CST 2010

John,

As far as I can tell the file does not open. If it does it opens and closes
so fast that you can't see it or the lock file. AS to Max's suggestion I
can't open the file so I can't set any of the startup properties. I have a
utility that sets these from another database and did set all the properties
to let the file open and show menus. Didn't help. As to Access opening the
file when it compacts I am not sure that is what happens. If you watch
during compact another file is created, then I suspect something like copy
all objects happens into this file, the original file is deleted and then
the new file is renamed. There is a know problem with Access 2007 not
creating the temp file, but deleting the original file. I think this was
corrected with one of the original service packs.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Doug