[AccessD] Simple String Help

Robert robert at servicexp.com
Sat Jan 16 19:42:06 CST 2010

Absolutely beautiful Jurgen

Thank You VERY much...

WBR
Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jurgen Welz
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2010 8:18 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Simple String Help

You should test that a string has been passed and make sure there is a
backslash somewhere in the path and add any other error handling you need.

Function fnLastPath(strPathIn As String) As String
    Dim lngLen As Long
    Dim lngPos As Long
    Dim strReturn As String

    lngLen = Len(strPathIn)
    lngPos = InStrRev(strPathIn, "\")
    If lngPos = lngLen Then
        strPathIn = Left$(strPathIn, lngLen - 1)
        lngPos = InStrRev(strPathIn, "\")
        strReturn = Mid$(strPathIn, lngPos + 1)
    Else
        strReturn = Mid$(strPathIn, lngPos + 1)