[AccessD] Access 2007 attachment fields- Any knowledge?

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Tue Jan 19 16:07:00 CST 2010

Folks,

I have had several questions recently re Access 2007. This latest project
has been pushing me into some of it's newer features(?). The person who
originally developed this application used attachment fields to hold stored
documents. The form that has controls linked to these fields is very
slowwwwwwwwwwww to open, close, update, you name it. It is also slow to open
and work with in design mode. Do any of you listers have any experience with
this type of field? My personal preference would be to not use them and
store hyperlinks to the files in a hyperlink field. This would be much more
straight forward in my simple minded world, and more maintainable. Tell me
if I am missing the point with this data type.

Any links to meaningful articles on using this data type would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

Doug