[AccessD] A2003: Getting values from SQL SVR to MDB tmp tables

Darren - Active Billing darren at activebilling.com.au
Mon Jan 25 06:17:02 CST 2010

Hi Team

About 6 months ago (maybe longer) someone posted some very nice, simple
elegant code that would get data from an SQL dB into a local Access dB

Essentially replacing the 'heaps' of code I had doing the same thing

(From memory it avoided loops and the local update was performed with a
single line - perhaps even a DoCmd statement)

Anyway - I recall that I even played with it and built a test/sample form to
do it and was very impressed by this new way

Well the time has come for me to use it - And do you think I can find the
emails, or the sample I built? (Sigh)
So - if anyone has anything like that (I think Drew or Stuart may have had a
hand in the short elegant bit)

There was a small 'back and forward' between the responding parties and
myself but I recall nothing more

I have searched the AccessD archives too - Some look promising but not the
actual email

Many thanks in advance

Darren