[AccessD] Access 2007 (.mde) in Windows 7 -- Somthing else to Watch Outf For

Robert robert at servicexp.com
Tue Jan 26 15:45:15 CST 2010

As you may remembered, on a Windows 7 machine (only Window 7), my program
would hang, and cause Windows 7 to complain only when closing it. I think I
found the cause, and if it is what I think it was, it's not good...

I was able to drill the problem down to a specific form(s) Vs One form that
didn't exhibited the problem. I would simply open the program on a product
machine, and open one form, then close the program, one at a time, until I
found a form that DID NOT cause the issue.

The ONLY difference in the form that DID NOT cause the problem, it did not
use any sysvar calls. My sysvar system is loosely based on John Colby's
sysvar structure, which was referenced in a separate .mde.  These are the
classes that need to have the headers modified to enable direct interaction
with the properties and methods in the main program.

I thought, there is no way that could be causing a problem. After combing
over ever single line of code in that system, I could not find ANYTHING that
was not being destroyed.

After that. I imported ALL of the code from the logic.mde that housed the
code into the main FE program.. Guess what, the problem has completely gone
away, no form causes the program to hand on closing.

I'm not exactly 100% sure what to make of it, but all I did was get rid of
the Logic.mde and access the same code directly in the FE and it appears to
have solved it completely.

Just another "Heads Up"....

WBR
Robert