[AccessD] A2003:Replacing 'tokens' in a string

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jan 28 08:21:02 CST 2010

 > still obfuscation however.

A quick Google provides:

Obfuscation is the concealment of intended meaning in communication, making communication confusing,
intentionally ambiguous, and more difficult to interpret.

Obfuscation requires intent.

I have to assume that your intended meaning was Abstruse.

Abstruse: difficult to penetrate; incomprehensible to one of ordinary understanding or knowledge.

The problem with defining Classes as Abstruse is that term "one of ordinary understanding or
knowledge".  If you are going to use that term about classes, then it implies knowing classes is not
ordinary.

I make the assumption that no one on this list is ordinary.  That only leaves their understanding.

Classes are quite ordinary to me, and are quite ordinary to many others on this list.  I have long
maintained that they SHOULD BE ordinary to almost everyone on this list, and if not you should work
on that to make them ordinary.

Most of us are professionals Max.  Having one of the most powerful tools in the toolbox be Abstruse
is not a good place to be.

 > All those LETS and GETS just to parse a string.

Lets and gets are optional.  In fact (IIRC) Drew insists that he NEVER uses them.