[AccessD] Outlook Automation Problem

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:09:12 CST 2010

Ken Ismert:
> Out of curiosity, are you using Outlook simply to send emails from
> your application? Or, are you doing deeper integration with Outlook?

Rocky Smolin:
> In this case just making an email:

I've always found Outlook a pain to deal with if all you need to do is send
email. I just had a pleasant experience using CDO for Windows 2000 (CDOSYS),
a component installed by default in Windows Windows 2000, XP, and Server
2003. For Vista, Windows 7 and later, the library is distributed as
Collaboration Data Objects, version 1.2.1. (But, I haven't tested 1.2.1)

Unlike the old CDO for NTS, I was able to easily send email with just the
address and port of a SMTP server using CDOSYS. The component required no
installation on my XP box.

Links:

About CDO for Windows 2000
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms527525(EXCHG.10).aspx

Collaboration Data Objects for Windows 2000 (CDOSYS)

CDOSYS Examples (see ermora's snippet)
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1280545

ASP Sending e-mail with CDOSYS
http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_send_email.asp