[AccessD] Word merge document

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com
Tue Jul 6 12:50:50 CDT 2010

Did you explain why you were not using tabs on each of the lines with the merge fields? In other words you start each line with the prefix text then hit Tab and add the merge field. Tab again to position the cursor for the next static piece of text, and Tab once again to set up the position of the next merge field. Then hit enter for the next line.

The tab positions defined on the first line should be inherited by subsequent lines.

Once the document has been built up, you highlight all the lines with merge fields and then you can adjust the position of each tab to give enough space for the data going into the merge fields. It seems to me that that would be another way to do it, giving you 'flexible white space' between the fields. It would even allow you to use proportional fonts.

Lambert