[AccessD] My SQL slowness

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jul 8 12:39:41 CDT 2010

Yes it can be, though I run it wired unless I am using the laptop downstairs.

However I was running the SQL Server instance directly on the laptop.  I gave it 500 megs of ram for
itself and limited it to a single CPU.  The database is tiny, the actual file size is under 12 megs.

I even gave SQL Server its own partition- about 2 gigs - on the one and only drive in the laptop -
this in an effort to prevent fragmentation etc.

Now that I am running the Access FE off of a SQL database on my main SQL Server machine the database
is instantaneous.