[AccessD] Terrible performance like I have never seen before

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu Jul 8 16:57:44 CDT 2010

Alright, that's it.... I've seen two posts today 'claiming' they don't
want to start the bound/unbound debate again.....

LIARS!

Unbounders, UNITE! (but in a completely unbound sort of way!)

<evil grin>

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Stuart
McLachlan
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 4:31 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Terrible performance like I have never seen
before

Alternatively,  just upsize the data, link to the SQL Server tables by
ODBC and carry on as
usual for a start.  Then you can work your way through the new system
upgrading a piece at
a time.

I don't want to get the bound/unbound arguments stirred up again, but
make sure that the
gains are worth it before you go to the dark side. :-)

--
Stuart

On 8 Jul 2010 at 9:10, Doug Steele wrote:

> Hi Jim:
>
> Thanks for the details.  All my forms (300+) are bound, and I have a
couple
> of thousand queries :(   I guess the logical first step is to start
> unbinding the forms...
>
> Doug
The information contained in this transmission is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain II-VI Proprietary and/or II-VI Business
Sensitive material. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.
You are notified that any review, retransmission, copying, disclosure, dissemination,
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.