[AccessD] Possible small paid project

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Wed Jul 14 00:11:58 CDT 2010

Darryl Collins asked:
> Just want to clarify.  You want to load the Excel data in MS Access?
> Or just link the ID from Excel to Access?
> Or Using the ID in Access as a Key, Update all the additional data from
> Excel to Access using the ID?
> Not 100% clear on what you are after here, but if it is what I am
> thinking it should be easy and painless to do.

The end result would be a report that shows the following in alpha order:

Bassett, Kathryn (LName, FName concatenated, then after name should be the
sex designation with () around it)
(next line contents of Street City State Zip Country, concatenated)
Father: John Doe (name found by looking up the number in the Father_ID field
in the Person_ID field, to get the name)
Mother: Jane Smith (same scenario)
Spouse: David Bassett (same scenario)
Born: (contents of BirthDate and BirthPlace fields, concatenated)
Married: (contents of MarriageDate and MarriagePlace fields, concatenated)
Died: (contents of DeathDate and DeathPlace fields, concatenated)
Notes: (contents)
Memo: (contents)

Next record

Next record

Next record until done.

So, however it's done doesn't matter to me as long as I can get the result
in a Word (or WordPerfect) file. From there, I'll add headers and other
things I'll want to add before making the pdf.

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"
kathryn at bassett.net