[AccessD] Access source control

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Wed Jul 14 09:30:50 CDT 2010

<I am currently faced with a set of FEs that I need to see the differentials
of.>

FMS has a utility you can purchase called Access Detective.  It's about a
couple hundred dollars, and you'd quickly get that back in time saved.

HTH,
Dan

Charlotte Foust wrote:
> I guess the success will depend on what you hope to gain.  Without a
> checkin/out from within Access, any changes to a database will have to
> be manually exported and then imported to subversion, right?  I'm not
> familiar with the product, so how do you keep versions of the objects
> rather than overwriting, or does it matter?
>
> Charlotte
>
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:21 PM, jwcolby <jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com>
wrote:
>> I am trying a workaround.  Max has written code that exports all the
objects in an access database
>> to text files.  It seems a short step to using that to get them into
subversion.

>> John W. Colby
>> www.ColbyConsulting.com
>>

>> Charlotte Foust wrote:
>>> How would you move items in an out of Access?  Source Safe uses an
>>> Access add-in to handle source control at the object level.  Is there
>>> something similar for subversion, or are you trying a workaround?
>>>
>>> Charlotte

directory structure.  Subversion
subversion, we might be able to do