[AccessD] Access 2007 runtime automating old office apps

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Wed Jul 14 11:30:05 CDT 2010

  Only if your doing late binding.

Jim.

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 11:59 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: [AccessD] Access 2007 runtime automating old office apps

Is it possible for the 2007 runtime to automate the older versions of office
apps such as excel and
word?

I have a client who is still on Office 2000.  They just see no reason to do
the upgrade jig.  OTOH,
Access has had a lot of bug fixes and new functionality.  If I could use
2007 to build a runtime of
their Access application the client might be interested in that, however I
do use automation, word
merge mostly, but the potential exists to need excel automation.

So will the 2007 runtime allow me to use automation on the 2K versions of
the office apps on the
user machine?