[AccessD] Google's Disk Failure Experience

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jul 21 21:48:24 CDT 2010

Or... for 400$ plus parts I already have:

MB (6 sata ports) Have it
Processor	Have it
Memory		Have it
PS		Have it
(3) 1T drives	Have it (movies installed)
(7) 640G drives	Have it

Plus:

(1) 4 port PCI Express card $90
(1) 16 drive unraid license $119
(1) 1TB parity drive $100

Case		$90
	http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811219020&cm_re=4u_rackmount_case-_-11-219-020-_-Product

Total: $400 for for ~7 terabytes usable.

;)

Drew Wutka wrote:
> A few months ago, saw a network capable RAID 1 hard drive setup for
> ~$200, without the drives.  Just a box with a network port.  Terrabyte
> drives are getting pretty cheap, so you could get a networked mirrored
> 1+ terabyte setup for about 400.
>
> Drew

>>> Besides