[AccessD] Future of Microsoft Access

Steve Schapel steve at datamanagementsolutions.biz
Sat Jul 24 15:49:06 CDT 2010

From: "Susan Harkins" <ssharkins at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 10:10 AM

> ========Not dumb questions! I've been hearing this same lament since 1994
> (about) when I first took on Access. If I thought Access was the best tool
> for the job, at the time, it's what I'd use.

I absolutely agree.  The rumours that Access is on the way out, in some way
or another, have been so constant over the last 15 years that they have
become almost legendary.  These rumours and other anti-Access blather are
just as false now as they were before.  In the last few years, Microsoft has
invested very heavily in moving Access forward, and this is surely not done
for a dying product.  Access isn't going away anywhere anytime soon, and I
believe has a great and exciting future.  It isn't the best tool for every
job, of course.  But it is, and will continue to be, the best tool for a lot
of jobs, and with the advent of web apps, it is now the best tool for an
even wider range of jobs than it was previously.

Regards
Steve