[AccessD] Future of Microsoft Access

Edward Zuris edzedz at comcast.net
Tue Jul 27 10:59:59 CDT 2010

 I doubt there is any one software product
 that can cover each and every situation, from
 Mom and Pop operations through to Fortune 500
 companies.

 It is like trying to go to grocery store
 in an eighteen wheeler truck, when compact
 car will do.

 Or haul 15 tons of steel in a compact car.

 However, the range of applications that
 Ms Access can do is impressive.

 MSFT does what MSFT does.  They have their
 agenda, whatever it is.

 Access could compete with some of their
 other products and or future plans.

 If things become too unbearable here is one
 possible course of action.

 Maybe a bunch of us should look at Access 2000,
 or 2003, see what it does and create a spec.,
 to create something like Access, but in the open
 source environment.  Sort of like the start of
 the IBM PC clones from the 1980s and 1990s.

 It would be a huge undertaking.