[AccessD] Unknown Jet Error

Jim Hewson jm.hwsn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 11:53:16 CDT 2010

I'm not sure what you're trying to do.
Please explain what you are attempting to do.

To me, I don't know why you would put "Stop" at the beginning of the sub.
Stop suspends the code so it doesn't progress any further.  You then attempt
to open a different form, maximize the current form and set focus to an
object on the current form.  You then Dim several variables, then turn off
the warnings.

I would think that opening one form when you open a form would give you an
error message.
I also think you would probably get another error message when you attempt
to set focus on an object that is not on the second form.  I think the
maximize command is ineffective because it doesn't apply to the form that is
being opened, but the form you attempted to use it on has already lost its
focus, so it won't work there either.  None of the Dim variables have
anything to do, so they are taking up code space for no apparent reason.
The Warnings have been turned off, I wouldn't do that unless there are some
messages I don't want to see.  One example is an update query where I know
how many rows will be updated.

Just my musings, I would be interested in what you're trying to do and how
the second form relates to the first.

Jim