[AccessD] When a query refers to a control on a form whichisnot open - how to supply a default?

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 14:10:39 CDT 2010

So frmExciterIndividualEntry is the dictator form, not the parent or
the subform, correct?

Couldn't RecordID be passed to the parent form via OpenArgs?

Change the subform's recordsource to
SELECT TblCIB.RecordID, TblCIB.ShopOrder, TblCIB.ItemNumber FROM TblCIB
then set the parent child link between the two forms to RecordID, that
way Access handles it.