[AccessD] A2003:Add User to Small Business server

Darren - Active Billing darren at activebilling.com.au
Tue Jun 8 11:25:47 CDT 2010

Hi All

In my app I now have the addition of persons to the SQL Server working a
treat - thanks guys

Now I want to create a user on a Small Business Server 2003 and add them to
a template and add them to a Security Group

EG - Assume the following

FullName = 'John smith'

Username = 'smithy'

PWD = 'jon123'

Template = 'Mobile User Template'

SecurityGroup  =  'SomeGroup' (Member Of)

Anyone know how could I create these 5 elements from say a script I can run
as a batch file from my A2003 app?

I have played with addusr.exe but had no success

I have looked on the net but am unable to get the various things that have
been suggested to work

I was optimistically :-) hoping something like this might work

Addusr.exe -fn 'John Smith' -un 'smithy' -pwd 'jon123' -t 'Mobile User
Template' -sg 'SomeGroup'

But this is very optimistic (and doesn't work) - So over to the brains trust

Many thanks in advance team

Darren