[AccessD] Date standardization

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 09:55:07 CDT 2010

I've had three different problems with the regional date format (I'm in
Canada which mostly uses the mm/dd/yy format):

1. An engineer who decided that the logical display was yy/mm/dd, and who
just got annoyed when people complained that the dates on his reports were
crazy.
2. Similarly, an English manager who insisted on dd/mm/yy when everyone else
in the office (and all his suppliers, customers, etc) wanted to use
mm/dd/yy.
3. The Windows install - there is a standard option somewhere that assumes
that Canadian users want the English dd/mm/yy display.  Many users never
notice that the display is non-standard, and if they do, have no clue how to
change it.  I've heard the remark "Yes, now that you mention it, the date on
my computer is always wrong" several times.

Doug