[AccessD] Date standardization

Steve Schapel steve at datamanagementsolutions.biz
Sat Jun 19 20:21:01 CDT 2010

Lambert,

I guess it depends a bit on the application, and the users.  I find people
get mightly annoyed with having to mess around with a mouse for this type of
purpose.  The thing is, if the textbox has a date Format set, I can't see
that letting the user type in the date can cause any problems.  Any users
who are doing substantial data entry, and trying to do it quickly, really
appreciate the fact that the current year is assumed.  I specifically teach
my users that they can use the numeric keypad to just type:
20.6 <enter>
... and it "automatically" displays as:
20-Jun-10
(or whatever format of their choice)