[AccessD] Report Puzzler – Melting MTD Report and YTD Report into one Combined Report

Brad Marks brad.marks1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 12:24:47 CDT 2010

I thought that this was going to be easy.  Maybe it is, but I can’t figure
out how to do it.

Background

One table – Sales Info.  200,000 rows

One query to return the appropriate rows based on date ranges (either MTD or
YTD)

Two “almost identical” Reports.  One for MTD, one for YTD.

Reports do not show detail lines, they only show summary info, one report
line per Customer.  This is done by Grouping on Customer and showing the
info in the Customer Footer.

All of this works very nicely.

Now, there is a need to “melt” the two reports into one report as I have
tried to illustrate by this simple example.

Customer   MTD-Amt    YTD-Amt

Joe Smith  $100.00         $1,000.00

Sue Smith  $200.00         $1,620.00

John Jones $300.00         $2,938.00

Is there an easy way to do this with Access 2007 Reports?

Thanks,

Brad