[AccessD] How do you hide things from end users

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun Mar 7 16:22:07 CST 2010

I believe it's the MenuBar property you want to set to false.  In my mde
startup I use:

    ChangeProperty "StartupForm", dbText, TheOpeningForm
    ChangeProperty "StartupShowDBWindow", dbBoolean, False
    ChangeProperty "StartupShowStatusBar", dbBoolean, False
    ChangeProperty "AllowBuiltInToolbars", dbBoolean, False
    ChangeProperty "AllowFullMenus", dbBoolean, False
    ChangeProperty "AllowBreakIntoCode", dbBoolean, False
    ChangeProperty "AllowSpecialKeys", dbBoolean, False
    ChangeProperty "AllowBypassKey", dbBoolean, False
    ChangeProperty "MenuBar", dbBoolean, False

Where Change Property is:

Function ChangeProperty(strPropName As String, varPropType As Variant,
varPropValue As Variant) As Integer
    Dim dbs As Object, prp As Variant
    Const conPropNotFoundError = 3270

    Set dbs = CurrentDb
    On Error GoTo Change_Err
    dbs.Properties(strPropName) = varPropValue
    ChangeProperty = True

Change_Bye:
    Exit Function

HTH