[AccessD] Access + SubVersion

Darren - Active Billing darren at activebilling.com.au
Mon Mar 8 20:56:24 CST 2010

Hi Arthur

We use an interface to subversion called Tortoise - We don't mind using it
here. it works well enough (Our real developer nerds prefer the command line
version only
     Anyway. once you decide to set up a checkout on Folder X, each time you
make changes to ANY file or files (even adding or deleting) to items in that
folder then those new pieces of information 'go up' with any 'commit'. You
are given the option to type stuff about the commit you are about to make
also.
     If you decide that you need to go back to a certain version then the
'log' feature allows you to review the entire upload/download history for
that checkout location. This is where whatever you type about the 'commits'
is useful.
     There are also file comparison tools built in with this.
     As for filename vs objects - It's file name based. Assume I have
filename called MyCooldB.mdb - I add it to subversion, each change gets
committed and the whole file is placed under version control.

Hope this makes sense

Darren