[AccessD] SPAM-LOW: Treeview/Listview OCX Disabled by MS

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Mar 12 23:37:56 CST 2010

Yea, I'm not converting old apps to .net.  They don't belong to me and no one wants to pay the
price.  I have one specific client which is big, and for whom I use SQL Server big time.  For this
guy I am doing everything in C#.  I had written a bunch of this same kind of stuff in Access but it
just didn't function well, so as I needed the parts, I rewrote in C#.

It is crazy how much better it works.  The data is all huge stuff in SQL Server which simply never
fit in Access anyway, I was only using Access for the VBA language.  All of that VBA instability is
just gone.

I loved Access, and I used it until 2007 drove me into the arms of C#.  This project convinced me
that for anything future / major, it will almost certainly be C#.

Plus to be able to say I can automate SQL Server from C# just sounds powerful.  Vroooom!  ;)

I am doing some pretty awesome (to me) stuff and looking at even more awesome stuff.